How to Treat Peeling Skin on Face
Peeling skin is irritating and itchy, and sometimes can lead to the feeling of skin pain. It was also well-known as the result of dry, sensitive skin, triggered by the water deficiency of the skin and can sometimes lead to the appearance of redness on the skin.
Today, in this article, I would like to reveal some of the best home remedies for peeling skin on face that are proven to work useful for stopping this skin condition.
When it comes to treating peeling skin on your face, aloe vera is very beneficial. It contains soothing and moisturizing properties that help heal peeling skin as well as reducing inflammation and itching
Moreover, it helps keep the skin hydrated to prevent the problem further.
Break open a fresh aloe leaf and gently massage the gel onto your face. Let it sit on your skin for 15 minutes before you rinse it off. Use it twice daily. Alternatively, mix about 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and a small amount of vitamin E oil. Use the mixture on the affected skin. Allow it to dry, then rinse it off using warm water. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for at least 1 week.
Olive oil serves as one of the wonderful home remedies for peeling skin thanks to its skin-nourishing fatty acids  . The oil when applied on the skin can lock in moisture. In addition, vitamin E present in olive oil can protect the body against free radicals that partly contribute to skin aging.
- How to apply:
- Heat some extra-virgin olive oil in the microwave
- Apply it to the affected skin areas and massage gently so that it can penetrate into the skin
- Practise the treatment thrice regularly until your skin condition gets better
Another potential home remedy for peeling skin that should not be looked down on is papaya. This healthy fruit is loaded with rich source of antioxidants which are beneficial for concealing the skin-related problems. All you need is to apply the mashed papaya to the skin. If you have skin peeling on foot, you can place the mashed papaya in the cotton cloth and rub it on your foot. This treatment is believed to eliminate the dead skin cells as well as exfoliate the dry skin.
Regarding skin treatments, lemon juice is one of the most incredible home remedies and therefore, becomes the handiest way on how to remove peeling skin. To reap this health benefit of this healthy juice, you can apply the following:
- Take some lemons and squeeze out to get it juice
- Mix the juice with some sugar
- Rub the mixture on the affected skin areas or rub lemon directly on the skin
- Repeat the same process once daily until the peeking skin is removed completely
Resembling grapes, pineapple also has AHA to enable to treat effectively peeling skin and removing skin tags. However, canned pineapple is not strongly suggested. You should take fresh ones and prepare them with another natural ingredient.
- How to apply:
- Grab a fresh pineapple and peel off the upper layer
- Cut it into smaller slices and extract the juice
- Rub it over the affected skin area and massage it gently
- Let the liquid dry for 15 minutes before washing it off with water
Yogurt is one of your perfect answers on how to get rid of peeling skin both naturally and safely. It helps lots in treating peeling skin thanks to some essential elements such as acids, minerals and enzymes. Yogurt can serve as a natural moisturizer for dry skin.
- How to apply:
- Add yogurt to honey in equal amounts
- Rub the mixture on the affected skin areas and let it dry
- Wash it off with warm water
Bathing With Oatmeal
Oatmeal is very useful in dealing with skin irritation and itching associated with peeling skin. In addition, the soothing properties of this ingredient can help your skin remain the natural moisture it needs.
- In a bath tub filled with warm water, stir 1 cup of oatmeal into the water.
- Soak your affected skin area in this soothing bath water within about 30 minutes.
- Use clean water to rinse your skin off, and then use a soft towel to pat it dry.
- Use this natural moisturizer to apply onto your skin.
- Apply this home treatment every day before bedtime till you see the good result as desired.
Mix together half cup of freshly squeezed fruit juice and one packet of unflavored gelatin. If you have oily skin, then try grapefruit or lemon; otherwise, use raspberry or peach for normal to dry skin. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, and take it out as soon as it solidifies. Spread a thin layer on the affected skin area and leave it to dry. You may make use of a flat, wide brush to spread it across the skin. When it becomes dry, peel off and wash your face with cool water.
Chamomile or Black Tea
Prepare a cup of chamomile or black tea. Allow it to cool down. Strain it before applying on the infected areas. The tannins present in these teas reduce inflammation and prevents skin damage.